We are HIRING for Summer 2020!
Riding Lesson Instructor / Part-time Barn Help
Lost Miner Ranch and Equestrian Center is a full-service equestrian facility located in beautiful Gunnison, Colorado. We are a multi-disciplined facility with a six-stall barn, covered runs and pens, pastures, a large outdoor arena, an indoor arena, round pen, and direct access to BLM trails. We are looking for someone to continue to grow and develop our lesson program in both English and Western riding, assist with Pony Club activities as needed, and help out with barn chores part-time. Very friendly and down to earth barn with professional care. We currently have about 35 boarders and a string of 10 lesson horses and ponies.
Lost Miner Ranch and Equestrian Center is seeking part-time barn help and horseback riding instructor. Position is seasonal (June – October 2020) with potential opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate. Private housing with utilities included is provided.
General Schedule and Duties:
Part time barn chores (2-4 hours/day), five to six days per week, weekends included with 1 weekend off per month – paid hourly.
Teaching daily riding lessons, make your own schedule – paid per student.
Help with caretaking of property, house (including family pets), and managing barn when owners are out of town.
Chore duties include, but are not limited to:
- Feeding hay, grain, supplements
- Night checks 3-4 nights per week
- Cleaning stalls, pens, paddocks
- Barn cleaning/organizing
- Observe horses for signs of illness or injury
- General cleaning of facilities
Riding lesson teaching includes, but is not limited to:
- Instructing students from first time riders through intermediate in both English and Western riding. We instruct in all aspects of riding; grooming, tacking, riding, cool down, and general horsemanship. We are serious about customer service and safe, consistent progress for our students.
- Ability to school lesson horses, keep horses tuned up, and bring along green horses.
- Answering phones, scheduling riders, organizing and cleaning tack, help with keeping common areas neat and clean.
- Assist with special events, shows, and camps as needed.
-Hourly compensation for barn work - $10.00/hour
-Lessons paid per student - $15.00 per student per lesson
-Private housing with utilities included: very cute and cozy fully furnished private tiny cabin with small yard; somewhat rustic - private bathroom and shower are located in a different building. All utilities provided.
-Potential option to bring one horse
- At least 18 years of age
- Applicants must have significant horse experience with a solid working knowledge of hunt seat equitation and jumping
- Western riding experience is a plus
- Pony Club experience is a bonus
- Must have experience teaching lessons and working with children
- CPR certified
- Able to pass a background check
- Reliable work ethic and self-starting personality
- Organized approach to daily chores with good organizational, multi-tasking, and customer service skills
- A cheerful attitude along with a true love and understanding of people and horses is a necessity
- Ability to drive tractor a plus, but not required
- References required
- Will be required to send videos of you riding and instructing
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com